12/16/2006: Updated links
7/28/2005: Merged 'buying a bat detector page' into this page. Removed some old out-of-date pages.
6/12/2005: Added link to Yasushi Sugimoto's page
5/01/2005: Updated links to frequency division circuits
6/22/2004: Updated links
Site map for my bat detector pagesThis is a list of all pages on my bat detector web site. Some of the links point to external websites.
- Photos of some Dutch bats
- Bat sounds and call analysis
- Bat detector articles list
- Bat links
- Bat detector calibration
How a bat detector works
Bat detector plans
- Electronics page of Yasushi Sugimoto which includes some bat detector designs.
- Heterodyne detectors BD16913 and BD4066 by Cosy MUTO (JH5ESM).
- Another heterodyne detector from Japan.
- À l'écoute des chauves-souris, Daniel Dufour's bat page that shows a layout for a TCA440 heterodyne bat detector.
- Jim leviston's Bat page, featuring an 'ultrasonic-to-RF' converter.
- The New Jersey Society for Amateur Scientist has a bat detector as their summer 2000 project (with a schematic!). They also have a circuit for an ultrasound generator that simulates a simple bat call.
- Michael Schmidt's Fledermausdetektor (in pdf format)
- Tjerk Schuringa's heterodyne detector (local copy)
- Peter Stimpson's D.I.Y. Bat detector
- My own Enhanced TCA440 detector
- My own NE612 heterodyne detector
- Frequency division
- Frequency division detector with LED output by Thomas Scarborough
- simple frequency division bat detector from the 2000 year group of HND1 Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Northumbria
- Scott Mitchell's Cylindric Ultrasonic Bat Detector
- Chris Eve's Bat Detector Circuit
- Frequency division detector by Archilochus
- Frequency division detector by a group of Danish students, at Thomas Søhus' page
- Tony Messina's Simple bat detector
- My own frequency division detector
Buying a bat detector
- Bat detectors kits
- Ready-built bat detectors
- Ciel Electronique sells affordable heterodyne detectors.
- Affordable bat detectors from Armin Lenk.
- Pettersson Elektronik AB has lots of bat detectors.
- BVL Von Laar sells various kinds of bat detectors.
- Tranquility II from David J. Bale
- The Anabat system from Titley electronics.
- Stag electronics (Bat box III).
- The Noldus information technology Ultravox.
- Ultra sound advice sells bat detectors.
- Microphone ideas
- Heterodyne detector ideas
- Frequency division ideas
- Simple amplitude retaining division detector
- Advanced amplitude retaining division detector
Last update: October 18th, 2006